Monday, June 3, 2019

A Quick Update

It's been a long time since I last posted so I thought it was time for a little catch up, although there really isn't much to tell.

If you'd told me 4 or 5 months ago that I could actually go several days without thinking about cancer and/or treatment, I just wouldn't have believed it - but it's true, cancer no longer dominates my thoughts, although to be fair I have had an awful lot of other things on my mind (Mum in hospital, then going into care made the last 6 weeks rather traumatic).

Anyway, firstly on the hair front - it's growing quite well, although still very soft and fluffy.  I may even ask Chloe my hairdresser to give it a little tidy up when she cuts Ian's this week.


There are still very few hairs under my arms (yessssss!), about 50% on my lower legs and very random growth in other areas ðŸ˜‰

My fingernails however are in a pretty poor state, the ridges I showed a picture of back in March have now almost grown out and the nails are very soft and squidgy and they just crumble away and mash up at the slightest touch.  The ends of my fingers feel very rough and at times can be quite sore.  Interestingly my toenails don't seem to have been similarly affected.

Tinnitus remains another annoying side effect, particularly in the evenings/night, whether it's worse when I'm tired I don't know or maybe just more noticeable when there is less background noise.

And I still have sores up my nose, which come and go and seem to flare up when I get stressed (most of the time at the moment)

But ................................ it's all very minor and all very manageable.

We had a routine meeting with Onco a few weeks ago and she was absolutely delighted with the "remarkable recovery" (her words) I've made from the chemo and the way I breezed through the radiotherapy ðŸ¦¸ðŸ¦¸ðŸ¦¸ðŸ¦¸ðŸ¦¸

This Friday I reach another mini milestone - halfway through my Herceptin injections!!