Friday, March 15, 2019

Last Injection

Wednesday saw another milestone pass - the last of my injections whoop whoop 🎉🎉🎉

I had a quick tot up and all in all I had 143 of the little b*gg*rs and all self administered ðŸ˜‡
  •   36 of the immune boosting drugs post chemo injections
  • 107 anti coagulents because of the DVTs

I can honestly say I felt each and every one of them; the immune boosting ones were nice with very thin needles but the Fragmin were chunky things.  One box of 5 in particular were really, really difficult and I had to force them through my skin ouch!!!.  Ian reckons the machine making them must get blunt at some point and need sharpening or replacing and this lot were probably the last ones off the production line before that was done.

Strangely the very last injection really hurt too and it gave me this little reminder - just so I don't forget too quickly.


PS.  Chose to forget about the ongoing Herceptin injections ðŸĪŠ